St Lucia’s Marigot Bay was described as “the most beautiful in the Caribbean” by American novelist James A Michener. So, fittingly, the plush resort which stands in the bay’s prime location, St Lucia’s Marigot Bay Resort & Marina, is also one of the most beautiful on the island – as much within its unrivalled luxury resort as for its majestic views of the bay it overlooks.
The resort is The Luxe Review-approved too. TLR has spent a blissful stay here, and can attest to its incredible poolside, which opens out on to a sparkling marina dotted with superyachts, enclosed by St Lucia’s forested hillside on three sides, as well as its beautiful farm-to-fork Caribbean dining, its own high-end Rum Cave, and spacious, elegant suites overlooking the marina and the resort’s lush tropical gardens.
Marigot Bay Resort’s spa is a world-class retreat, inspired by Saint Lucia’s natural environment, which uses indigenous ingredients in innovative rituals which speak to the island’s Amerindian heritage
One of the other key elements that adds up to create St Lucia’s primo luxury experience is the resort’s spa: a world-class retreat, inspired by Saint Lucia’s natural environment, which uses indigenous ingredients in innovative rituals which speak to the island’s Amerindian heritage, as well as treatments from renowned spa brand, VOYA.
While we can’t travel to Marigot Bay Resort’s Spa Village right now, spa manager Elezer Charles is on hand to make sure you get your luxe spa fix, wherever you happen to be.
She has revealed how to make a Marigot Bay Spa-inspired body scrub from ingredients you have at home – which will not only leave your skin smooth and soft, but will also handily use up the mountain of coffee grounds you might have generated while working from home.
Essentially the benefits of using a body scrub are the removal of dead skin cells and impurities, leaving you feeling fresh and your skin looking rejuvenated, revitalised and glowing — which is all particularly welcome when we may not be getting enough fresh air and sunshine as we’d like.
Follow this simple recipe to bring a little luxe spa to your home skincare routine, and make sure your skin is beach-ready for once it is safe to travel again…
- Coconut oil, almond oil, or olive oil
- Brown sugar or white sugar
- Epsom salt, Himalayan salt, sea salt; Dead Sea salt, or Kosher salt
- Variety of essential oils (if desired, lavender is great for inducing a state of calm)
- Coffee (used grounds work well), cocoa, or oats
- Nutmeg, honey, or cinnamon
- Use any sugar or salts of your choice
- Add 3 tablespoons of your desired ingredients to a mixing bowl (sugar or salt; coffee, cocoa, oats, etc.)
- Add the carrier oil (coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil). Mix thoroughly.
- If needed, add more sugar, salt or other ingredient until you are satisfied with consistency.
- Add essential oils of your choice for fragrance.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency and fragrance of your scrub, spoon it into a container.
How to use your scrub
Wet your body all over, then use a scoop of scrub and apply from the neck down to your feet, scrubbing and exfoliating in circular motions. Be sure to pay close attention to areas where dead skin cells are more apparent, like the elbows, knees, back and heels. When you have scrubbed your entire body, shower and towel dry then moisturise with a lotion of your choice.
“To make the experience more authentically spa-like, be sure to play soothing and calming tunes at the same time,” advises Elezer Charles.
We’re decanting the coffee maker at The Luxe Review towers and dreaming of Marigot Bay already…
- Find more information, latest booking details and holiday inspiration at marigotbayresort.com