If you fancy sunny vibes that only a rum cocktail can bring, but you haven’t got the sweet tooth for a Mai Tai, the Sparkling Sage cocktail might just be the good-vibes drink for you.
Swapping super-sweet cocktails for a welcome addition of herby sage, this is a grown-up cocktail that will impress with its adept mix of sweet and savoury… but its deceptively easy to make.
This recipe comes from the expert Bajan distillers at Mount Gay Rum, using their high-end Black Barrel rum – a rich, complex rum, with a sweet, smooth finish.
Swap the cocktail umbrella for a sage sprig: Rum cocktails just got luxe.
- 1.5oz Mount Gay Black Barrel rum
- 75oz honey syrup
- 3 sage leaves
- 2oz dry sparkling wine (to finish)
- Add rum, lime, honey and sage to shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Fine strain into champagne glass and top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with lemon and sage.